- Material number: 11054
- Images almost entirely free from distortion
- Ideal for indoor, architecture and landscape photography
- exceptional imaging performance and optimum contrast rendition at all apertures and distances
- Extremely fast
- selective sharpness opens a world of creative opportunities for a vivid accentuation of subject details
- best image quality to the edges thanks to aspherical surfaces
- sealed against dust and splash water
The Leica Super-Elmar-S 24 mm f/3.5 ASPH. (19 mm in 35 mm format) opens up an enormous range of creative opportunities in image composition particularly in interior, architectural, and landscape photography. At the same time, the lens is optimized for maximum contrast rendition and resolution from its widest aperture and guarantees a constantly high level of quality from its closest focusing distance to infinity..
The optical system comprises twelve lenses in ten groups. The optical design comprises 12 elements in ten groups. Five elements are made from glasses with anomalous partial dispersion. Three low-dispersion fluoride elements correct chromatic aberrations. Two further aspherical elements, and the aspherical surface of the front element, minimise monochromatic aberrations. The lens is focused by moving the middle optical group. An independently moved floating element guarantees superior performance at close focusing distances.
Rear lens cap (order no. 16020), front lens cap (order no. 16027), soft case (order no. 439-606.105-000), lens hood (order no. 12404)